Be a morning work out person!
As the sun rises, not everyone has the natural ability to spring out of bed with zest and zeal, however we can all grow to love the quiet and freshness the mornings can bring.
There is nothing more rewarding than starting your day with a workout first thing and feeling energized and healthy for the rest of the day.
Tina Kluckow our in house fitness trainer gives us 7 simple steps to becoming more of a morning workout person:
- Discipline yourself to go to bed at the same time every night in order to get the recommended 7 – 8 hours of quality sleep we all require in order to function effectively and have energy for your workouts the next day.
- Get organized the night before and prepare and pack all the necessary gym clothes, equipment and healthy snacks the night before so you don’t wake up stressed and late.
- Find a workout buddy if possible to train with. This will hold you accountable and motivate you in the mornings to get out of bed.
- Drink enough water for your body throughout the evening and first thing when you wake up in order to be hydrated and have energy for your exercise session.
- Have a light snack when you wake up around 30 – 45 minutes before your session such as a banana, a healthy protein shake or apple to fuel your body during your workout and keep your blood sugar balanced.
- Plan your workout routine for the week and prepare the night before in your mind what you will be doing at the gym. Sign up for various classes so you are committed.
- Make your workouts fun and varied including strength, cardio and flexibility and most importantly make it something you can look forward to.