rosemary & parmesan zucchini baked chips
Here we go. That french fries craving kicks in and you know it will go straight to the hips. If you’re craving a salty, crispy and still VERY delicious fries while taking in your vegetable quota with a rich marinara sauce on the side, then I highly recommend this recipe. With no oil, egg or butter, this addictive crunchy Zucchini baked fries with Parmesan cheese will kill those naughty cravings. Best of all, you can have it all and it sits under a full meal’s worth of calories at around 250 Kcals. It is extremely easy to prepare and only 20 minutes to bake. And if you have kids at home, they are bound to love this crispy healthy “Zucchini fries” – less time, less stress, more happiness in the household!
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (pictured below is a KRAFT Parmesan breadcrumbs version I bought – highly recommended for a Parmesan double-whammy)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Tablespoon of Rosemary sprinkles
- Tablespoon of Basil sprinkles
- Tablespoon of Garlic Salt powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 4 small/medium sized)
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing well.
Place milk in a large shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in the milk bowl then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. The simplest way to do this is having an extra nylon bag handy where you can fill it up with the breadcrumb mixture then toss the milk-soaked zucchini in the bag and shake well to evenly coat them.
Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp.
Serve immediately with juicy marinara sauce, salsa or sour-cream/yogurt. Consumption is immediate before they go cold and soggy.
Nutrition : Yields 4 servings at approximately 61 Calories per serving. Have it all for 250 Calories total without a dip. Snap!