Join us for an insightful discussion with Dr. Faryal Luhar about ‘Gut Intelligence’ and how your gut health is not just about digestion!
Digestive dysfunctions can lead to various imbalances on physical, emotional and mental levels. What you eat is just as important as how you eat and how well nutrients are absorbed. Indigestion, cramps, bloating, acid reflux and bloating are common GI complaints, but they are not the only symptoms associated with poor digestive health.
In this discussion Dr Luhar will also take a look at how diet plays a role in gene expression. Learn how your genes interact with your environment to reveal and manifest health or disease.
Join us to find out more about the fascinating relationship between our diet and the incredible world of our gut.
Spaces are limited, so please call us on +9714 344 7333 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
When: Monday April 30th 10am sharp
Where: The Hundred Wellness Centre
Facilitator: Dr Faryal Luhar, Naturopathic Doctor
With each new year, comes new health and wellness trends. In 2017 as we became more focused on sustainability, gut health and better nutrition, and it set 2018 up to see a flood of new health products that better support our general health and wellbeing. To give you a heads up on what wellness trends we expect to be huge hits in 2018, we compiled a list of a few:
01. DNA testing for optimal fitness performance—DNA testing has become more popular than ever over the past year. The promise of genetic testing is that it can tell you more about the way you’re built, so that you can tailor your lifestyle to fit your biology — and ultimately change up your fitness routine to get the best results.
02. Gut Health—Fermenting – Have you been noticing more kombucha, kimchi and sauerkraut around these days? That’s due to the role of bacteria in gut health, which is linked to everything from Alzheimer’s, immunity, and obesity. A Google Trends analysis (June 2017) showed ‘gut health’ as one of the most growing search terms when it comes to managing health through food.
03. Mindfulness trackers—Move over fitness trackers, because 2018 is all about the mind trackers. We’ve already seen apps such as Headspace and Buddhify, but now mindfulness trackers are being developed to help monitor our breathing patterns with a view to working out exactly when and what causes you stress. It’s thought that these devices will also pay attention to the way in which we sleep, recording different levels of sleep and again relating it to how stressed we may be feeling.
04. Digital detox—Digital detoxes are also becoming more and more necessary in our constantly switched on society. (We have been promoting this trend all year long!) As much as we try we just can’t ignore the pings of status updates, WhatsApp messages and Insta-stories. We predict that the phrase ‘disconnect to reconnect’ is going to be massive in 2018, as more and more of us start to notice the impact that social media has on our health.
05. Cooking—While it may seem silly to include this in our list, but can you believe that a large percentage of the world’s population still doesn’t engage in cooking daily sometimes not even weekly? Cooking from home doesn’t just ensure the quality of your food, and your ability to control what ingredients are actually used, but it also can be super relaxing!
06. Plant based diets— It’s not just about fancy superfood salads anymore, it’s actually creating delicious, sustainable, and healthy menus surrounding plant-based food. We have started to see restaurants pop up with with whole food menus, and our fingers are crossed that this trend will stick and grow bigger into 2018.
07. Ditch the fad detoxes—This is one trend that we wish had been gone a long time ago, so we’re predicting that these harsh detoxes will die down, and be replaced with whole food resets/ lifestyle programs, that use more evidence-based science which shows that whole foods and compounds support our body at what it already does best- detox every minute of the day. *Spoiler alert: Stay tuned for more on this from us early 2018!!
So, tell us, what are the trends you’re predicting for 2017? What about trends you wish would go away!?