We are dedicating Saturday, March 11th to all of you.. our community! We have carefully curated a fun-packed Wellness Day, and we are inviting everyone to join us at The Hundred Wellness Centre as we celebrate the start of Spring and devote an entire day to living our healthiest happiest life.
Given how important awareness is to our health and wellbeing, our mission on this day is to look at some of the different aspects of wellness in a fun and interactive way. From what we put in our bodies to how we feed our minds and spirits, each session and activity is designed to give you accessible and actionable steps to take back to your everyday life. We all want to live our healthiest, best life and our Wellness day will help you set that foundation. If you take a peek at what is on our calendar of health-focused workshops you will find:
– A children’s art class with Medaf that will be led by Alia Lootah (2 hours) – This exciting workshop will bring together the creative energy of nature into the little ones own canvases. Learn the basics of colour mixing, perspective and live drawing. We will look into the grass, trees and the sky for inspiration! Children from 5 to 13 can join in.
– An informative talk about creating a healthier environment at home with Lamis Harib – Lamis will introduce visitors to Ecabiotec products, and will discuss why Ecabiotec is set up in the Middle East, and the importance of the ‘Made In UAE’ value as a local company. She will also explore the difference and change it’s values will bring, as well as awareness on toxins in disinfectants from a health & environmental perspective, which is core to The Hundred Wellness as a mission as well. A selection of products will be available for purchase.
– A therapeutic ‘Forgiveness’ clinic with Maya Badran – This session will emphasize the importance of forgiveness as a preventative therapy and as an empowering tool to improve one’s mental and physical wellbeing, and how subconscious negative beliefs and negative repetitive emotions can cause illness in the body and how practicing forgiveness can eliminate the negative feelings so that a person can feel happier and healthier.
– An Asana Yoga session with Charity Adams – Charity’s Asana classes emphasize the connection with the breath and body in addition to proper alignment and acknowledgement of one’s own limitation. She believes in the beginning yoga can be a physical practice but with sincere commitment you can cultivate freedom within the body leading you to deeper meditative practices.
And tucked in among our complimentary Wellness Day workshops and talks there are plenty of other activities to participate in during the day depending on your interests – here are a few that might catch your eye:
– An indoor local, organic market with freshly harvested produce from our partners IGR (Integrated Green Resources UAE).
– A complimentary (sugar free – gluten free) healthy brunch, featuring local Emirati specialities, courtesy of The Hundred.
– Free outdoor and indoor fitness, Pilates and ladies only classes run by our highly skilled trainers will be running throughout the day, and everyone is welcome to join in.
– For those about to embark on a new plan to get fit or improve their health, there is an opportunity to have a free body-fat ratio analysis consultation with Lulu Alarmali, one of our in-house nutritional specialists. Lulu is offering body fat analysis consultations that would take 15-20 minutes, and afterwards she will give a brief explanation of what the individual’s body fat distribution indicates. If a meal plan or supplementation is required to target specific areas or for overall fat loss, an appointment to follow up can be booked. (Early bookings required and spots are limited so please email or call us on +9714 344 7333 to book.
– In collaboration with Loco’motion there will be an evening screening of the multi award-winning movie, “Happy” –– from Roko Belic, director of the Academy Award-nominated “Ghengis Blues” –– in The Hundred’s beautiful gardens. The uplifting movie explores the nature of happiness.
Additionally, there will be a range of pop-up shopping opportunities, ranging from homemade Kombucha and Sauerkraut made by our founder Asma Lootah, fitness apparel for yoga and active lifestyles from Yapparel and Lorne Jane, handcrafted locally-made candles with a touch of luxury by Wallance and Co, to natural nutrition and performance supplements from the FitnessFuel Company, and experts will be on hand to answer questions.
This is not just a party, it’s community, education, creativity and a way to bring together like-minded people to give back, and take action on important wellness issues! We look forward to welcoming you all, and making this a day to be remembered. You can find the schedule of activities and their timings here. If there is a certain activity that you don’t want to miss, drop us an email or call us on +9714 344 7333 and we will make sure to secure your spot!
p.s. To keep up with all the updates on our Wellness Day, follow the hashtag #thehundredwellnessYAY on Instagram!
You are invited to join us for a complimentary talk and Q&A session focused on the benefits of sustainable weight loss, and how to achieve them. Discover the two essential components of any successful weight loss plan and take advantage of this opportunity to learn how to lose weight and finally keep it off.
On Monday 30th of January at 10:30am, Ryan Penny will host an insightful free talk centered on sustainable weight loss and it’s benefits at The Hundred Wellness Cafe. Enjoy a complimentary cup of our new detox and weight loss tea whilst Ryan reveals the two essential components to losing weight and keeping it off once and for all! In this session we will also learn what the plan involves, and how when it is done right, losing weight can postively affect your health, and overall wellbeing. Don’t miss it!
RSVP is essential and spaces are limited. To book your complimentary spot, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on +971 (0)4 344 7333
We look forward to welcoming you on the 30th.
This article was sourced from Women’s Best Health
By: Dr. Marianne Beck
We live in a hectic and “stressed out” world. Life seems to move at a faster pace than ever, leaving us no time for ourselves—no time to relax or just have fun. Everywhere you look, people are ‘running around like chickens without a head”, going from one errand to another, driving to work and sitting in traffic, dealing with the kids, the in-laws and the ‘outlaws”, giving up on taking vacations, talking and texting on cell phones and computers 24/7, Tweeting and FaceBooking into the wee hours of the night—the list goes on and on. We seem to be “dragging’ all the time waiting for the weekend and when the weekend comes, we collapse on the couch– too tired to do anything. “Stressed to the max” and “I’m on my last nerve” are now common expressions in society. But, this comes at a price. Constant and chronic stress takes a toll on our health.