We are dedicating Saturday, March 11th to all of you.. our community! We have carefully curated a fun-packed Wellness Day, and we are inviting everyone to join us at The Hundred Wellness Centre as we celebrate the start of Spring and devote an entire day to living our healthiest happiest life.
Given how important awareness is to our health and wellbeing, our mission on this day is to look at some of the different aspects of wellness in a fun and interactive way. From what we put in our bodies to how we feed our minds and spirits, each session and activity is designed to give you accessible and actionable steps to take back to your everyday life. We all want to live our healthiest, best life and our Wellness day will help you set that foundation. If you take a peek at what is on our calendar of health-focused workshops you will find:
– A children’s art class with Medaf that will be led by Alia Lootah (2 hours) – This exciting workshop will bring together the creative energy of nature into the little ones own canvases. Learn the basics of colour mixing, perspective and live drawing. We will look into the grass, trees and the sky for inspiration! Children from 5 to 13 can join in.
– An informative talk about creating a healthier environment at home with Lamis Harib – Lamis will introduce visitors to Ecabiotec products, and will discuss why Ecabiotec is set up in the Middle East, and the importance of the ‘Made In UAE’ value as a local company. She will also explore the difference and change it’s values will bring, as well as awareness on toxins in disinfectants from a health & environmental perspective, which is core to The Hundred Wellness as a mission as well. A selection of products will be available for purchase.
– A therapeutic ‘Forgiveness’ clinic with Maya Badran – This session will emphasize the importance of forgiveness as a preventative therapy and as an empowering tool to improve one’s mental and physical wellbeing, and how subconscious negative beliefs and negative repetitive emotions can cause illness in the body and how practicing forgiveness can eliminate the negative feelings so that a person can feel happier and healthier.
– An Asana Yoga session with Charity Adams – Charity’s Asana classes emphasize the connection with the breath and body in addition to proper alignment and acknowledgement of one’s own limitation. She believes in the beginning yoga can be a physical practice but with sincere commitment you can cultivate freedom within the body leading you to deeper meditative practices.
And tucked in among our complimentary Wellness Day workshops and talks there are plenty of other activities to participate in during the day depending on your interests – here are a few that might catch your eye:
– An indoor local, organic market with freshly harvested produce from our partners IGR (Integrated Green Resources UAE).
– A complimentary (sugar free – gluten free) healthy brunch, featuring local Emirati specialities, courtesy of The Hundred.
– Free outdoor and indoor fitness, Pilates and ladies only classes run by our highly skilled trainers will be running throughout the day, and everyone is welcome to join in.
– For those about to embark on a new plan to get fit or improve their health, there is an opportunity to have a free body-fat ratio analysis consultation with Lulu Alarmali, one of our in-house nutritional specialists. Lulu is offering body fat analysis consultations that would take 15-20 minutes, and afterwards she will give a brief explanation of what the individual’s body fat distribution indicates. If a meal plan or supplementation is required to target specific areas or for overall fat loss, an appointment to follow up can be booked. (Early bookings required and spots are limited so please email or call us on +9714 344 7333 to book.
– In collaboration with Loco’motion there will be an evening screening of the multi award-winning movie, “Happy” –– from Roko Belic, director of the Academy Award-nominated “Ghengis Blues” –– in The Hundred’s beautiful gardens. The uplifting movie explores the nature of happiness.
Additionally, there will be a range of pop-up shopping opportunities, ranging from homemade Kombucha and Sauerkraut made by our founder Asma Lootah, fitness apparel for yoga and active lifestyles from Yapparel and Lorne Jane, handcrafted locally-made candles with a touch of luxury by Wallance and Co, to natural nutrition and performance supplements from the FitnessFuel Company, and experts will be on hand to answer questions.
This is not just a party, it’s community, education, creativity and a way to bring together like-minded people to give back, and take action on important wellness issues! We look forward to welcoming you all, and making this a day to be remembered. You can find the schedule of activities and their timings here. If there is a certain activity that you don’t want to miss, drop us an email or call us on +9714 344 7333 and we will make sure to secure your spot!
p.s. To keep up with all the updates on our Wellness Day, follow the hashtag #thehundredwellnessYAY on Instagram!
It surely has been an exciting year for all of us at The Hundred Wellness Centre and the whole world that is for sure – so a heartfelt “thank you” filled with gratitude is in order! Over the past 12 months, our team has grown, we have added additional wellness services and new classes, we conducted more free talks and events to bring our amazing community together, in conjunction with The Wellness Brothers we facilitated the successful Sheikh Majid Weight Loss Initiative, we held our weekly Saturday organic market with IGR |Integrated Green Resources UAE, our logo has been revamped, I fulfilled my dream of running the London Half Marathon and I was honored to be invited by Dr Jill Biden the US second wife on her last visit to the UAE, to deliver a special speech to students in celebration of International Women’s Day, and these are just to name a few!
We are now at the point in the year when everyone has their New Years resolutions ready to go, however I am not a big fan of writing New Years resolutions as I feel they are challenging to maintain. I believe in setting conscious sustainable long term goals. What I normally do by the end of each year is write a list of what I want to achieve in all areas of my life to set my intentions for the new year, and gain more clarity and direction.
So if your goal is to lose weight (which most people have on their list), and live a healthy lifestyle, then begin with small steps, rather than going full fledge in January or deciding to go Vegan! Do something everyday towards your goal, even if it is simple, and set dated milestones. It also helps to have an accountability buddy, so you can encourage and keep eachother on track. Most importantly be conscious and serious about any changes you want to make in your life. Another end of year list I write is a gratitude list. I reflect on all the good things that have happened to me over the year and give thanks.
On a slightly different note, I have noticed that lately alot of people have taken to social media expressing how 2016 has been a tough year. I say let’s change that energy! Let’s look at what went well, fully aknowledging that we can perceive something as bad, but still know that in the long run it actually is always good for us, no matter what it was. I once read something that really stuck with me, and that is: when a flower dies, it makes space for a new one to grow. I want to invite you all to join me, and work on changing your perceptions in the coming year. Make it a habit to write three new and specific things daily that you are grateful for, and see for yourself how this small exersize changes the way you too can look at things…
So as 2016 comes to an end, lets agree to consciously ring in the new year with some great intentions and goals, and remember above all else to LOVE yourself! From me and the The Hundred Wellness Centre team, we wish you love, happiness and health in the new year. And remember we are just next door, ready to extend our knowledge and expertise to help you live your most healthy happy life.