healthy, delicious, gluten-free pizza with a rustic cauliflower crust!
Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Healthy and tastes just like the real deal. Here is a healthy Pizza version replacing dough with cauliflower! Prepared by Asma Hilal Lootah – founder of The Hundred Pilates Studio in Dubai and inspired by our Gyrotonic teacher Sara Davis.
- ½ head cauliflower (about 2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese OR goat cheese
- 1 egg, beaten (or two egg whites for a lower calorie option)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Prep a cookie sheet by greasing it. It will stick if you don’t grease it properly.
- Remove the stems and leaves from your cauliflower and chop the florets into chunks. Add to a food processor and pulse just until the texture is similar to rice. If you don’t have a food processor or Vitamix, you can grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater or chop it.
- Sauté cauliflower “rice” in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook until translucent, approximately 6-8 minutes. Make sure to drain it from the water and if you wish use a cheese cloth to squeeze the liquid as it tends to be soggy in the middle.
- In a bowl combine the cooked cauliflower with all remaining ingredients.
- Spread the dough out evenly over greased sheet – about ¼ to ? of an inch thick. The pizza should be about 9-10 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden, crispy on the edges and cooked through the middle.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Top with pizza sauce and toppings. Be careful not to add too many heavy toppings as you don’t want to weigh down the crust and get soggy in the middle.
- Broil the pizza for 5 minutes, or until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melted. Allow the pizza to cool for 2-3 minutes then cut and serve immediately.
Give it a try – let us know what you think!!