Join us for a fun bonding opportunity for you and your child! Learn watercolor techniques, and have fun painting and experimenting with art materials to create original artwork together with your little one. Mothers, fathers, grandparents, aunts and uncles are all welcome! All Ages! Join Hosanna Lee to learning the basics of painting in watercolors. Take inspiration from summer fruits & vegetables and apply these skills to draw and paint all kinds of wonderful works of art.
Hosanna Lee is an illustrator/watercolour painter who is currently based in Dubai. She graduated from the United Kingdom with a BA (Hons) in Landscape Architecture, and loves to illustrate food, recipes, plants, flowers. All of her illustrations are created by hand, using mostly ink and watercolors.
Where: The Hundred Wellness Centre
When: Saturday the 29th of April
Time: 10am -12:30pm
Fees: 350aed per Adult+Child duo
All materials will be provided.
Limited spots available, so email or call us on +9714 3447333 to book your spots
“Those who are wise won’t be busy, and those who are too busy can’t be wise.” ― Lin Yutang
We know that life can be busy. There is so much to do, with so little time. We totally get it! Many of us juggle a lot of balls at the same time – work, our health, caring for our families and the list goes on. All of this leaves us feeling that we are always ‘busy’.
How much do you love to have nice little to-do lists organized neatly on post-it notes, with tiny little tasks that can be efficiently checked off? By the end of the day, you feel so happy and in control. Let’s be honest, it seems that most of us like racing against time and being this busy, but at The Hundred Wellness Centre we are HUGE self-care advocates. We believe that caring for your mind, body, and soul is a priority in order to live healthy, happy and purposeful life. So how does one go about doing this when they are so busy and constantly feeling like they are fighting the clock?
Consider these tips to get you started:
01. Appreciate and schedule time for rest: One of the reasons many of us keep busy schedules is that we fail to recognize the value of rest. But rest is so beneficial to our bodies, minds, and souls. Set aside one day per week for some rest and familytime. Intentionally schedule it on your calendar, and then, guard it at all costs.
02. Cultivate ‘space’ in your daily routine. Take time for lunch. Find space in your morning to sit quietly before starting your day. Invest in solitude, meditation, or yoga. Find opportunity for breaks at work in between projects. Begin right away cultivating little moments of space in your otherwise busy day. Give yourself permission to start freeing up your schedule to give yourself space for your personal needs, and to just BE.
03. Realize that being busy is a choice. It is a decision we make. We are never forced into a lifestyle of busy-ness. The first, and most important step to becoming less busy is to simply realize that our schedules are determined by us. We do have a choice in the matter.
‘Busy’ does not need to define you― ‘UNbusy’ is possible. And it’s really okay to be happy with a slower paced life– so tell us, what is your current mindset around being ‘busy’? And what is one thing that you can do to try and make a positive shift this coming week?
The most challenging, but important part about getting fit is committing to it. The key is to create a fitness habit that becomes like a muscle—the more you work it and maintain it, the stronger it will get. So clearly if you join a class that is fun, and you start to see/feel the results it will be easier to stay consistent and committed! If this is what you are looking for, then we recommend you try out the latest addition to our class schedule: The Hundred Bodyweight Classes. These high energy sessions are a great choice when it comes to gaining strength, building muscle, and burning fat.. Still need to hear more? Here we have listed 4 great reasons as to why our bodyweight classes should be a key component of your workout regime:
01. There is something for everyone: Bodyweight classes are a great choice because they’re easily modified to challenge any fitness level. Adding extra repetitions, performing the exercises faster or super-slow, and perfecting form are a few ways to make even the simplest exercise more challenging. And progress is easy to measure, since bodyweight exercises offer endless ways to do a little more in each workout.
02. Super-efficient workouts: Since there’s no equipment involved, bodyweight workouts make it easy to transition quickly from one exercise to the next, and these shorter rest times mean it’s easy to quickly boost heart rate and burn some serious calories!
03. Injury prevention: Since injury is one of the main reasons why people fall off the exercise “bandwagon”, preventing those aches and pains is a big priority for our team at the centre. The Hundred Bodyweight classes are generally quite safe for anyone regardless of experience, age, or fitness level.
04. Let’s talk results: Bodyweight exercises get results partly because they involve compound movements -which means that you are engaging more than just one of your joints and muscles in each move/exercise. These types of exercises have been shown to be extremely effective for gaining strength and improving performance.
Now we do know that how you choose to workout is very personal, and there is no “best way” for everyone.. But our bodyweight classes are efficient, lots of fun and offer a ton of benefits that other forms of strength training cannot match, and the sessions are diverse, and never boring! So if you want to give it a try* (*this is highly recommended) check out the class schedule here and call us on +971 4 344 7333 in to book your first class!
Do you feel like you have “tried everything” when it comes to losing weight and keeping it off? Are you frustrated by your lack of energy while you are trying to lose weight? And do you have a ton of questions when it comes to weight loss? Then we invite you to join us for a complimentary supportive group discussion led by our in-house nutrition and weight loss expert Ryan Penny from The Wellness Brothers, to have all your questions answered.
Anyone looking for support and solid answers in regards to diets, nutrition, weight loss and everything in between is invited to join! So if you are overwhelmed by all the nutrition advice you hear, and feel like you have tried everything and you still don’t fit into your “skinny” jeans, then this session is for you! Sign up to join us (and tell your friends too!) and see what our group weight loss support sessions can offer you.
When: Monday the 27th of March 2017 at 10:30am sharp.
Where: At The Hundred Wellness Centre Cafe.
Limited spots available, so email or call us on +9714 3447333 to book your space.
p.s. If you can’t make it but have lots of questions, call or email us to schedule a private weight-loss consultation with Ryan and get all the answers you have been looking for!
The Hundred Wellness Day – Saturday
March 11th, 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Everyone is Invited!
For all the classes, workshops and talks advance booking is required by calling +9714 344 7333
– Organic produce market with IGR – indoors – (9:00 am – 4:00 pm)
– Pop-up Market – YApparel, Lorna Jane, Wallance and Co, Fitness Fuel, homemade Kombucha and Sauerkraut – Ongoing throughout the day
– Complimentary healthy Emirati Brunch ( gluten and sugar free) – On the garden terrace
10: 00 am – 12:00 pm
– Free Art Workshop for Children with Medaf, led by Alia Lootah
10:00 am – 11:30 am
– Free Indoor Pilates Mat Class (Ladies Only) with Janna Robertson
9:00 am – 10:00 am
– Free Hundred’s Body Weight Class with Valentina Cabreira – Outdoors
11:30 am –12:30 pm
– Free Ecabiotec talk with Lamis Harib – Indoors
11:30 am – 12:30 pm
– Free Pilates Class with Chelsea-Ann Ingledew
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
– Free Body Fat Analysis with Lulu Alarmali
12:00 pm –4:00 pm
– Free Super Circuit Class (Ladies Only) with Valentina Cabriera – Indoors
2:00 pm – 2:45 pm
– Free Forgiveness Clinic with Maya Badran – Indoors
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
– Free Yoga Class with Charity Adams – Outdoors
5:15 pm – 6:15 pm
– Free Film Screening – Outdoors in the gardens
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
For full details on all the activities click here. You can also drop us an email with any questions you may have. Don’t forget to tell all your friends and family, and follow the hashtag #thehundredwellnessYAY
We are dedicating Saturday, March 11th to all of you.. our community! We have carefully curated a fun-packed Wellness Day, and we are inviting everyone to join us at The Hundred Wellness Centre as we celebrate the start of Spring and devote an entire day to living our healthiest happiest life.
Given how important awareness is to our health and wellbeing, our mission on this day is to look at some of the different aspects of wellness in a fun and interactive way. From what we put in our bodies to how we feed our minds and spirits, each session and activity is designed to give you accessible and actionable steps to take back to your everyday life. We all want to live our healthiest, best life and our Wellness day will help you set that foundation. If you take a peek at what is on our calendar of health-focused workshops you will find:
– A children’s art class with Medaf that will be led by Alia Lootah (2 hours) – This exciting workshop will bring together the creative energy of nature into the little ones own canvases. Learn the basics of colour mixing, perspective and live drawing. We will look into the grass, trees and the sky for inspiration! Children from 5 to 13 can join in.
– An informative talk about creating a healthier environment at home with Lamis Harib – Lamis will introduce visitors to Ecabiotec products, and will discuss why Ecabiotec is set up in the Middle East, and the importance of the ‘Made In UAE’ value as a local company. She will also explore the difference and change it’s values will bring, as well as awareness on toxins in disinfectants from a health & environmental perspective, which is core to The Hundred Wellness as a mission as well. A selection of products will be available for purchase.
– A therapeutic ‘Forgiveness’ clinic with Maya Badran – This session will emphasize the importance of forgiveness as a preventative therapy and as an empowering tool to improve one’s mental and physical wellbeing, and how subconscious negative beliefs and negative repetitive emotions can cause illness in the body and how practicing forgiveness can eliminate the negative feelings so that a person can feel happier and healthier.
– An Asana Yoga session with Charity Adams – Charity’s Asana classes emphasize the connection with the breath and body in addition to proper alignment and acknowledgement of one’s own limitation. She believes in the beginning yoga can be a physical practice but with sincere commitment you can cultivate freedom within the body leading you to deeper meditative practices.
And tucked in among our complimentary Wellness Day workshops and talks there are plenty of other activities to participate in during the day depending on your interests – here are a few that might catch your eye:
– An indoor local, organic market with freshly harvested produce from our partners IGR (Integrated Green Resources UAE).
– A complimentary (sugar free – gluten free) healthy brunch, featuring local Emirati specialities, courtesy of The Hundred.
– Free outdoor and indoor fitness, Pilates and ladies only classes run by our highly skilled trainers will be running throughout the day, and everyone is welcome to join in.
– For those about to embark on a new plan to get fit or improve their health, there is an opportunity to have a free body-fat ratio analysis consultation with Lulu Alarmali, one of our in-house nutritional specialists. Lulu is offering body fat analysis consultations that would take 15-20 minutes, and afterwards she will give a brief explanation of what the individual’s body fat distribution indicates. If a meal plan or supplementation is required to target specific areas or for overall fat loss, an appointment to follow up can be booked. (Early bookings required and spots are limited so please email or call us on +9714 344 7333 to book.
– In collaboration with Loco’motion there will be an evening screening of the multi award-winning movie, “Happy” –– from Roko Belic, director of the Academy Award-nominated “Ghengis Blues” –– in The Hundred’s beautiful gardens. The uplifting movie explores the nature of happiness.
Additionally, there will be a range of pop-up shopping opportunities, ranging from homemade Kombucha and Sauerkraut made by our founder Asma Lootah, fitness apparel for yoga and active lifestyles from Yapparel and Lorne Jane, handcrafted locally-made candles with a touch of luxury by Wallance and Co, to natural nutrition and performance supplements from the FitnessFuel Company, and experts will be on hand to answer questions.
This is not just a party, it’s community, education, creativity and a way to bring together like-minded people to give back, and take action on important wellness issues! We look forward to welcoming you all, and making this a day to be remembered. You can find the schedule of activities and their timings here. If there is a certain activity that you don’t want to miss, drop us an email or call us on +9714 344 7333 and we will make sure to secure your spot!
p.s. To keep up with all the updates on our Wellness Day, follow the hashtag #thehundredwellnessYAY on Instagram!
This month we have a visiting teacher from South Africa. Chelsea-Ann, better known as Chai, studied Psychology, Drama and then Education. She specialised in physical theatre and choreography. It was during this time at Rhodes University that she qualified as a BASI (Body Art and Science) Pilates instructor as well as completing the Gyrokinesis course.
With a passion for movement and teaching, Chai loves the creativity required for teaching children Pilates and offers private Pilates for children.
As an enthusiastic triathlete, it is her knowledge of the inter-relationship of body and mind that allows her to incorporate the most applicable exercises and movements to enhance your physical capabilities. Chai feels that nothing is more rewarding than watching you on your way to reach your goals.
Chai will be teaching at centre from the 9th till the 20th of March, and might make the move over from South Africa to join our team afterwards! So lets all give her a big warm Hundred welcome! For more information on how to book a class or session with Chai during her visit, please email or call us on 04 344 7333. And of course as always we look forward to your feedback after taking a class 🙂
We are happy to welcome Charity Adams and her Hatha Yoga classes to our class schedule as of March 6th. Charity was introduced to yoga in 1996 shortly after her arrival in New York City. It quickly became the one constant in her life in the hectic world of fashion. She credits her love of the practice to two early teachers, Amy Ippoliti and Paul Dallaghan. By a chance reconnection with Paul more than ten years later she was inspired to delve deeper into her practice and completed her teacher training with him at Centered Yoga Thailand, where she continues her education in Pranayama, Asana, and Philosophy.
Asana is the movement aspect of a Yoga practice and Charity’s classes emphasize the use of breath to release and strengthen in addition to appropriate physical alignment, all of which will lead to a cultivated freedom of body and mind. Students quickly realize the greatest tool to ease the stress of daily life and one that is readily available is the breath.
If you are looking for a little more breathing space and time to practice your mindfulness we encourage you to join one of Charity’s classes, you can see the schedule here