Ramadan shouldn’t be an excuse to abandon your fitness regimen. Whether you are a seasoned fitness enthusiast or have just recently started classes with us, fasting during Ramadan does not need to be the end of your exercise regimen until after Eid!
We want to help you prepare your body for Ramadan and keep your motivation up throughout the entire month! So we have tailor-made a month-long program of diverse group fitness classes ( you could say our own version of the mainstream “Bootcamps”), with the purpose of promoting the sustainable practice of physical activities during the month of Ramadan and beyond. This program is fun, accessible and fasting-friendly. Join us to prepare your body to stay active while fasting in a safe and supportive environment.
The program outline:
– BCA test (body composition analysis) at the beginning of the program to track progress
– ‘Strategic Eating’ A talk by Ryan Penny on how to consciously eat in Ramadan to maintain good health, high energy levels, and even lose weight.
– Eight Super Circuit classes (High Intensity & Fat burning)
– Four Body Weight classes (Moderate Intensity & Muscle sculpting)
– Four Pilates classes (Stretch & Recovery)
– BCA test (body composition analysis) at the end of the program to track progress
– 20% discount on fresh cold-pressed juices.
The all inclusive cost of the Ramadan Package is: 1500AED
The classes mentioned above will be conducted in different times than current Hundred Wellness existing classes.
Classes will be exclusively LADIES ONLY. The program will start on May 8th and run through until June 8th, with the classes being offered on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 4:30pm.
All classes support a maximum of 8 people. Classes must be booked at least 4 hours in advance.
To learn more or to book your spot, email or call us on +9714 344 7333
The most challenging, but important part about getting fit is committing to it. The key is to create a fitness habit that becomes like a muscle—the more you work it and maintain it, the stronger it will get. So clearly if you join a class that is fun, and you start to see/feel the results it will be easier to stay consistent and committed! If this is what you are looking for, then we recommend you try out the latest addition to our class schedule: The Hundred Bodyweight Classes. These high energy sessions are a great choice when it comes to gaining strength, building muscle, and burning fat.. Still need to hear more? Here we have listed 4 great reasons as to why our bodyweight classes should be a key component of your workout regime:
01. There is something for everyone: Bodyweight classes are a great choice because they’re easily modified to challenge any fitness level. Adding extra repetitions, performing the exercises faster or super-slow, and perfecting form are a few ways to make even the simplest exercise more challenging. And progress is easy to measure, since bodyweight exercises offer endless ways to do a little more in each workout.
02. Super-efficient workouts: Since there’s no equipment involved, bodyweight workouts make it easy to transition quickly from one exercise to the next, and these shorter rest times mean it’s easy to quickly boost heart rate and burn some serious calories!
03. Injury prevention: Since injury is one of the main reasons why people fall off the exercise “bandwagon”, preventing those aches and pains is a big priority for our team at the centre. The Hundred Bodyweight classes are generally quite safe for anyone regardless of experience, age, or fitness level.
04. Let’s talk results: Bodyweight exercises get results partly because they involve compound movements -which means that you are engaging more than just one of your joints and muscles in each move/exercise. These types of exercises have been shown to be extremely effective for gaining strength and improving performance.
Now we do know that how you choose to workout is very personal, and there is no “best way” for everyone.. But our bodyweight classes are efficient, lots of fun and offer a ton of benefits that other forms of strength training cannot match, and the sessions are diverse, and never boring! So if you want to give it a try* (*this is highly recommended) check out the class schedule here and call us on +971 4 344 7333 in to book your first class!
On Saturday the 15th of October, The Hundred Wellness Centre gardens played host to a small group of morning warriors who all visited our Jumeirah centre to experience a complimentary Super Circuit class with The Hundred’s expert trainer Valentina.
Valentina hosted a quick pre-workout chat with the attendees before the workout, allowing everyone to introduce themselves and answer any health or fitness related questions. She then took them through their fun, challenging 45-minute Super Circuit workout.
To find out more about the Super Circuit classes on offer at The Hundred Wellness Centre click here.
Take a closer look at the special event below and to make sure you are the first to know about all of our events and news in the future add your email to our exclusive database, at the bottom of the homepage here. See you at the next event!
You are invited to join us for a special free event this month as we host two complimentary, Super Circuit workout classes with a unique healthy lifestyle talk and cold-pressed juices – led by The Hundred Wellness Centre trainer Valentina Cabreira Vieira.
On Saturday the 15th of October at 9am, The Hundred Wellness Center gardens will play host to a 45-minute Super Circuit class – a workout that is centered on the interval training philosophy. After class you will be invited to enjoy a complimentary cold-pressed juice whilst The Hundred’s trainer Valentina gives an insightful talk on healthy lifestyle and provides a unique opportunity for you to ask any fitness questions. A second, ladies-only indoor class will follow at 10:30am.
RSVP is essential and spaces are limited. To book your complimentary spot, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on +971 (0)4 344 7333 – don’t forget to mention which class you would like to put your name down for.
We look forward to welcoming you on the 15th.
Visit the event Facebook page here.
Find out more about The Hundred Wellness Centre’s Super Circuit class here.
Yogalife Middle East joined Walid Tebarki, one of our Pilates instructors at The Hundred Pilates Studio, to discover the natural range of motion, biomechanics and fluid poses that we go through in a Pilates class which resembles very much to Yoga poses and the natural movements of animals.We know that many of Joseph Pilates moves were inspired by the form and movement of animals. He frequented zoos, and encouraged students to watch the way animals move. Some Pilates exercises, like seal, swan, and crab are named for animals. Here is what Yogalife have discovered with us.
“… true rhythm and control is observed both in domestic pets and wild animals – without exception.” Joseph Pilates
Pick up the March 2014 issue of Yogalife Middle East Magazine to read this coverage in fine print!
Visit www.thehundred.ae to find out how you can book a Pilates session with us.
Washboard abs. Toned 6 pack. Sleek stomach. We all wish for that. And so here is a great low down on the most popular question we get from our clients …. will Pilates make me loose weight and give me a flat stomach?
Breathing is sooo important and it would serve us well to do it well. It is the most important element for life, (Without breathing we die fairly rapidly, we can last without food, water, sunshine and love for a relatively long time, but without breathing your toast in 2 mins).
If you struggle with worry and anxiety, you know all too well the toll it takes on your life. You might generate so much anxiety that you: are unable to talk with someone you are close with about a concern, appear more like a deer-in-the-headlights than a sharp candidate at a job interview, are practically paralyzed at the thought of doing a presentation for work, have poor concentration while taking an important exam; the list goes on and on. If you even remotely relate to this, you will want to know about square breathing. Though it won’t fix underlying issues that might be driving your anxiety, it can help you to relax, refocus, and move forward.